GCC Release and Binaries: 5.4.0
We have released an updated version of the gcc 5.4.0 toolchain with
binaries for easy consumption. The new version, tagged
is available on our github release
There are 3 different binaries to choose from:
- newlib - this is the baremetal toolchain good for running c code directly on the openrisc cpu without an operating system
- musl - this is our main supported linux capable libc toolchain good for compiling applications to run on linux
- nolib - this is a special build used for building kernels (like linux), this is specifically used by the kbuild linux build robots.
We have released full toolchain binaries with the following versions:
- GCC 5.4.0 upstream changelog
- Binutils 2.26
- Newlib 2.4.0
- Musl 1.1.16
This is mostly just a rebase and version bump release. Notable updates for OpenRISC include.
- Update to GCC 5.4.0 to allow building toolchain on newer gcc compilers.
- Newlib patches to fix issue with
c++pointed out during gdb testing.
Note on GDB
This release does not currently contain any GDB binaries. This is because Stafford Horne is currently in progress of getting openrisc GDB fully pushed to upsteam and the is under review.